Certified hardware partner
We connect hardware with software and network charging points throughout Europe. As an open system, we work across manufacturers, so that today over 300 charging station types from established manufacturers are already connected to chargecloud.
charge.certified charging station manufacturers fulfil all the necessary requirements without exception to ensure compatibility between hardware and software and guarantee trouble-free and complete operation with the chargecloud backend.
As a hardware manufacturer, you can benefit from our service by ensuring your customers a simple connection process, operational stability and the ongoing compatibility of your charging stations with chargecloud. This increases trust in your offering, accelerates your sales cycles and helps you to grow your business quickly and efficiently..
You can count on us
Future-proof charging infrastructure
For the exchange of information between the charging station and the chargecloud backend, we use the globally established communication standard OCPP (Open Charge Point Protocol). Charging stations of all manufacturers that support the OCPP 1.5 and 1.6 communication protocols can be connected to the chargecloud backend.
ocpp, docu, smart charging, security, eichrecht
Our certification process is structured in modules and is divided into the charge.certified modules ocpp, docu, smart charging, security and eichrecht.
In the course of the certification process, the requirements of the relevant modules are checked. A charging station qualifies as charge.certified if at least the two modules ocpp and docu are fulfilled.
The criteria to be fulfilled for the particular modules are listed below.
The charge.certified ocpp module ensures the following requirements:
- Basic connectivity
- Compliance with OCPP standard features
The module charge.certified docu additionally certifies the fulfilment of the following requirements:
- Existing firmware processes
- Existing ticket system
charge.certified smart charging
With the module charge.certified smart charging, OCPP smart charging commands are checked and certified.
- Verification of the selectable charging profiles
- Parameter query
With the certification module security we check the common security mechanisms and confirm the secure and correct transmission of firmware updates.
- Query of the encryption protocols used
- Security for firmware updates
- Signed data
The charge.certified eichrecht module checks whether signed measured values are correctly transmitted to the chargecloud backend and properly processed .
- Query type examination certificate
- Verification of existing signed measured values
- Transparency software
We offer the following services to certified hardware partners:
- Remote compatibility test
- Preparation, execution and follow-up of the compatibility test
- Qualified technical support for carrying out the compatibility test
- Certificate & certification logo
- Provision of a chargecloud test instance for ongoing testing possibilities
- Update certifications due to firmware updates
- Provision of firmware updates for charge point operators
- Certified charging station models are pre-configured in the backend for easier selection for Charge Point Operators and marked as certified (from Q4/21)
Advantages for hardware partners
- As a chargecloud certified partner, you stand out from your competitors and ensure smooth operation of your charging station.
- Grow with new partners from the chargecloud customer network and shorten your sales cycle.
- Enable efficient charging station connectivity for our mutual customers and guarantee functional compatibility with chargecloud. CPOs benefit from an easier and faster connection of charging stations to chargecloud.
- Benefit from our expertise. Our team supports you competently and comprehensively during the certification process.
- Development of product bundles with chargecloud customers for easy and fast scaling.
- chargecloud relies on the highest security standards.